When I wrote my last post, I thought I was finally getting a vision for how involved our paper chase would be. Now I know I didn't have a clue! I made a checklist for the steps needed to acquire our dossier documents...FIVE pages of steps! But then we received the information packet for our home study, and we found another long list of new documents to create or acquire. I now have checklists for my checklist!
Thankfully, in the past week we have managed to gather about 95% of our home study documents, which is what the agency requires before we can schedule our first visit (the home study consists of 4 visits with a social worker). Hopefully we can get that process moving next week.
On a humorous note, recently I sat down with our daughter Annabell to show her pictures of a baby boy our friends recently adopted from Rwanda. After looking at the adorable pictures, Annabell said, "Mommy, he's soon going to change color, isn't he?" I guess we have a few things to teach her about becoming a bi-racial family!
BTW, I've heard from several people who were unable to post comments on our blog. Sorry, I didn't even realize I could change those settings! Now anyone should be able to comment, regardless of whether or not you have a Blogger account.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

how exciting! i'll be checking your blog, so keep the updates coming as you have time! :)
ReplyDelete