Thursday, May 12, 2011

Introducing...

Avivah Ingabire McLennan


Avivah: [Ah-VEE-vah] Hebrew, meaning "springtime." Chosen for the significance of:
  • The coming of spring after perpetual winter when "Aslan is on the move."
  • Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Spring is Coming," which gave us hope through a long winter of waiting.
  • The fact that we began our adoption and she was born in springtime of 2009 (we made our final decision to adopt 2 days after her estimated birthdate), she arrived at the orphanage in springtime of 2010, and we were united with her in springtime of 2011.
Ingabire: [Een-GAH-bee-day] Kinyarwanda, meaning "gift." Together with Avivah, her name means "Springtime Gift."


"Gotcha" Moment


Beautiful Eyes!


Daddy's Girl


First Grin

18 comments:

  1. She is PERFECT!!! Thanks for sharing such wonderful moments with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so beautiful! Welcome, Avivah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! She's absolutely precious!!!! Perfect! And her eyes....lovely....

    Avivah, welcome to your family. They've been waiting with open arms and hearts for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crying tears of joy over your sweet daughter! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! These pictures are priceless! Congratulations!
    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Avivah, you have been loved and prayed for by so many, especially your mommy and daddy. It is like seeing a glimpse of God's faithfulness to see you in their arms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAH! I LOVE IT! I LOVE HER! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL AND WE PRAISE YOU GOD FOR AVIVAH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually had tears in my eyes as well, she is beautiful!!! So happy for you two. Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alison, for the last hour I've been checking and rechecking your blog. I had this 'feeling' which I rarely have, but anyway, that something was happening and now that the pictures are posted, well, she's yours! Praise you Father in heaven for your 'springtime gift'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE IT! Congratulations! She is beautiful! :) I am sure you are thrilled! Congratulations again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. one of the most thrilling things i've ever seen...so overjoyed for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Baby!
    WE like the name very much.
    Congratulations -- we are so happy for you!

    Love,

    Frank & Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. We do not know you, but have been following your blog and praying for you during this long and trecherous! journey. PRAISE GOD! FOR HIS FAITHFULNESS! Your daughter is beautiful, and she was chosen especially for your family.

    -Nathan, Becca, and Annamarie West (waiting for our precious child(ren) from Ethiopia)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I stumbled upon your blog tonight! What an amazing coincidence you are posting pics of your little girl. I don't know all of what you had to go through to get to this point, but glad you had the patience and perseverance to get to the prize. I've been reading alot about grace in the book of Romans, Galatians and other books in Scripture. Grace of God's own adoption of us into His family. Not by our merit, we don't deserve His grace, but He loves us so much and adopts us into His family. Many blessings as you live out an example of God's love and grace in the lives of your children.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing Alison! She is beautiful! I love her name! Well done! You did it! God carried you!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praising God for this little girl and for His faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Alison! :)

    ReplyDelete