May 2, 2011
We took off from
All of a sudden I am flooded with emotion. Is this really happening? When we drop below the clouds I’ll see my child’s birth country for the first time with my own eyes. This beautiful land I’ve dreamed and prayed for…the place I’ve been so eager to reach for two years.
I’ve doubted God’s calling us here so many times. Every hiccup in the process, every extra month of waiting, every frustrating miscommunication or deception…they’ve all led me to ask, “Is God really for us in this?” There’s always been a part of me that doubted we’d reach this final destination, and the more I wanted it, the more I doubted. The gift of God’s “yes” in this just seems too lavish. I am undeserving. But He is the giver of good and perfect gifts – lavish gifts – and I am underserving of all of them, most especially the gift of the cross.
We’re dropping into the clouds now. In many ways we’ve been here for months, but this time I can see patches of green far below – the color of new life.
I am overcome.

beautiful! praying for you all!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAlison, praying for you and Tim!
ReplyDeleteSo in awe of God's faithfulness. Been praying for your referral to come super fast and everything to go smoothly!
ReplyDeleteWe can not express in words how excited we are for you...We pray that you and your child will be protected, that His angles will surround you and that you will be soon safely home...
ReplyDeleteAmber for the Roberts Clan
Alison, the Lord's been laying you guys on my heart often. Been asking Him to uphold you with His righteous right hand and praying that He would move mountains if need be to bring your child home. He is able!
ReplyDelete