The long-awaited email arrived last night informing us that our home study has been approved by AWAA with minor corrections! We received a final copy today (which still had a few slight errors, but nothing major), so hopefully this important document will soon be in the hands of the USCIS. Once it has been submitted, the clock really begins ticking down to our dossier completion! Unfortunately there's no way to predict how long it will take to get the USCIS approval letter (called the I-171H in adoption speak), but while we're waiting we'll be wrapping up loose ends on the rest of our paperwork and trying not to stalk the mailman.
On another note, congratulations to the Limmers, Higgins, and Himes families, who returned home from Rwanda (via Ethiopia) today with their precious children!! It has been such a joy to share their journeys via blogs, Twitter, and our AWAA Rwanda chat group. Technology can be a wonderful thing!
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations! What a relief, I'm sure. Here's hoping your I-171H goes through like lightning.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Allie
Yay!!! That is so exciting!!
ReplyDeleteWe actually got our I-171H form back in just under 2 months- so hopefully yours will be super fast!!
Congratulations! One more step done!
Jamie
Congrats! That is a huge step! We got our form back in 2 weeks so sometimes they can be pretty quick! Good luck.
ReplyDelete