Sunday, May 23, 2010

Embraced by Grace...Part 1

I've been sitting here trying to figure out how to capture the beauty of Friday night's fundraiser in words, but I'm at a loss! The closest I can come is to say that the Wave I was riding all week, the one carrying me over every obstacle and through every stressful moment, crested at just the right time, and watching it happen was breathtaking. I can honestly say that fundraising was the LAST thing on our minds as friends, family, and even strangers arrived to demonstrate their support for us and our Rwandan child. I wish I could relive every precious minute!

Unfortunately, I was too busy to take any pictures, but several wonderful friends documented the evening for me. Once I've collected their photographs, I'll post "Part 2" with a spread and more details of exactly how "Embraced by Grace" played out.

Oh, and I almost forgot! After all expenses were paid, we netted 150% of our goal! We're now $3500 closer to bringing our child home!

My emotions are such a mix right now...gratitude, humility, joy, and even a touch of shame. Who are we to deserve such lavish generosity? I'm overwhelmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment